2.5 HOUR SESSION – STARTING TIME OF EITHER
3.00 / 3.15 / 3.30 / 3.45 / 4.00 / 4.15 / 4.30
The evening begins with two/three vocabulary development games. Alan then continues by explaining the thinking behind his ‘Teaching Outstanding Persuasive Writing’ book.
Following this Alan will explore (with many practical ideas) the following items:
- Simple but effective structural models for persuasive essays (including Aristotelian structural models)
- A continuum of ways to open and conclude persuasive essays
- A HUGE range of language features divided into lower order / middle order / higher order
- Apps and websites to support persuasive writing
- ‘Unpicking’ before and after examples of pupils’ writing – exploring IMPACT
Alan will also consider persuasive adverts with material from his co-written book ‘The Ultimate Guide To Non-Fiction Writing’.