2.5 HOUR SESSION – STARTING TIME OF EITHER
3.00 / 3.15 / 3.30 / 3.45 / 4.00 / 4.15 / 4.30
The evening begins with two vocabulary development games. Alan will follow this by exploring (and modelling how to teach!) his popular ‘Boxing Clever’ game – used to develop ‘story sense’ from Nursery – Year 2/3. He will also show and explain the ‘Boxing Clever’ app.
After this Alan will cover the following:
- A consistent-language approach to openings and endings
- Characterisation – beyond ‘visual-only’ description
- The development of setting (multi-sensory)
- The ‘Story Machine’ apps and other ideas for genres such as fairytales; science-fiction; myths & legends etc.
- Non-linear story structures (including flashback and Rashomons) and finally…
- Changes of formality within narrative forms.