In November 2008, Alan launched his first set of Visual Talk and Writing target cards. Following unprecedented demand, a second, extension pack is now available.
This extension pack seeks to expand and enhance the application of Alan’s best selling Visual Talk/Writing Target Cards in the classroom; adding a new breadth of subject matter, targets and language features to help children to remain focused and engaged.
The cards facilitate target setting with children and serve as a visual reminder to pupils when writing.
The new pack is targeted at Level 3 – 5 pupils, and covers the following Assessment focuses:
- AF5 “Vary sentences for clarity, purpose and effect”.
- AF6 “Write with technical accuracy of syntax and punctuation in phrases, clauses and sentences”.
- AF3 “Organise and present whole texts effectively”.
- AF7 “Select appropriate and effective vocabulary”.
This pack is ideal for any school seeking to…
- Develop sharply focused writing targets
- Raise writing standards in a sustainable manner
- Link whole school approaches to the Assessment focuses which underpin APP
- Further develop criteria based self-assessment, as well as assessment within peer groups.